Sunday 31 March 2013

Bind Date

New week, new project!
The Bind Challenge has been set by Canberra-based book artist and printmaker Lee Bratt. Designed to be completed in five parts, it is a challenge about opposites, about starting at the end and working backwards. The first part of the challenge has been to make a container with four compartments, which I've now done (left). Instructions for the second part of the challenge (which I'm assuming will be to make something to fit in one (or more) of the compartments) will arrive in a couple of weeks. The project is certainly a change from my usual way of working in which most, if not all, of the details are resolved in my mind before I begin and I can't help wondering if I'm going to come horribly unstuck along the way.

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of 'working backwards'..... I've taught a couple of classes where I've asked folk to just make a leap of faith (following some instructions without knowing WHAT is to come next each time) ---- not knowing the complete picture can really freak some folk out! I'm looking forward to seeing what's to come next

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an intriguing project and process Terence - and I am sure you'll find your way backwards...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ronnie. Thanks Fiona. I must admit I am enjoying the uncertainty of it all and it's fun to get involved in something that's not too serious.

    ReplyDelete